Please go visit my new website at www.missalleykat.com
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
I just got back from a nice relaxing week in Seattle. It was a week of good R & R, good java, good food and good friends.
Speaking of good friends, I was visiting a very good friend of mine, Jesibel, whom I haven't seen in 11 years. It's amazing how we kept in touch with each other for so long and finally reunited after all of these years. It was a good feeling to see her again. She is an amazing woman who has this bubbly personality and has a lot of great things going for herself.
My stay in Seattle was quick. As they say, time flies when you're having fun and I definitely enjoyed and relaxed on my vacation. Jesibel was so hospitable, she toured me through Seattle, such as Pike place market, China town, and down town and other surrounding towns. I was even able to squeeze a tour to good ol' Silverdale. One of my best memories were growing up there in that small town (Silverdale).
My first day in Washington State, I met up with my old Junior high friends and high school friends. It is interesting to reunite with people who you haven't seen in so long and catch up on where everyone is in life. We ate dinner at a Thai restaurant and we sat there talking, laughing and reminiscing about the good old Junior high school days.
The second day, I took up some dance classes with my friend and her fiance. I was learned how to ballroom dance. Most of the people in the room were my grandparents age, so the vibe was pretty mellow. Since I'm so used to free styling on my own, I learned how to follow someone else's lead. I learned the basics of waltz, fox trot, and salsa. Although I was missing my 'dance partner', I still had fun learning new steps.
Here are a few pictures of my trip.
Posted by Miss Alley Kat at 10:12 PM
Thursday, February 5, 2009
I just found a song that I'm vibin' out to and thought I'd share it, From My Heart To Yours. Check her out, Laura Izibor. Many have published to keep a look out for her as the 'next' artist. This young singer, Laura Izibor is born and raised in Dublin, Ireland, where she found her love for soulful music. She has a raspy soulful sound and plays the piano reminding me of a combination of Lauryn Hill, India Arie, Jill Scott and Alicia Keys. She will be performing at the Back Porch House of Blues in Chicago. I'd definitely check her out, Laura Izibor.
Posted by Miss Alley Kat at 8:34 PM
Saturday, January 31, 2009
For the music download lovers, check this site out 5inch.com, they are part of a design firm called Segura, Inc. 5inch is known for their custom silkcreened CDR's and DVDR's. They just released their Love Bundle collection, so for those who are looking for Valentine presents or if you're tired of those plain CDR's or DVDR's and want something different and unique to burn your music on, check this site out.
Here are some of my favorites:
Posted by Miss Alley Kat at 10:40 AM
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
I started a project last month, I'm calling it the Sweet Feet Pumps. My HBC Sis and friend, B-Girl Sweet Feet, was so kind enough for me to paint on them. Now that the pumps are primed, it's still in the early stages of creation. I've sketched out the drawing on my canvas (shoes). Since these shoes do belong to Miss Sweet Feet herself, I'm drawing inspiration from her alias, fun personality and include other interesting sweets and treats to the shoe. I've painted on large canvas and walls, but this will be a little more intricate in detail. Later, I'll will be showing my progress and comments on this project as I move along.
Posted by Miss Alley Kat at 10:50 AM
Friday, January 23, 2009
Posted by Miss Alley Kat at 9:17 AM
Thursday, January 22, 2009
January 20, 2008, Obama was sworn as the 44th US president. Like many, I was moved by his speech as he acknowledged the crisis that America is in, but also reassured us that our nation still stays strong. At that moment, I was watching his speech on the TV screens at the Port o Call bar, I was surrounded by military personnel and other civilians like myself. With my eyes glued to the screen, I slowly peeled my eyes away from the screen to look around me and see other people's reaction. I could see that the enlisted, officers, and civilians nodded their heads in agreement with the president of the United States, they too were also moved by his words of optimism. Obama does bring hope and virtue to this country but with this hope, America has a lot of work to do in order to overcome many of the obstacles that we face today and the future.
"Greatness is never a given. It must be earned." -President Barack H. Obama
Cheers to President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama.
Posted by Miss Alley Kat at 8:54 AM
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I found something really cool online on scrap booking I think I give it a try. Besides creating a layout of pictures, you can add stickers and embellishment, music and much more. Plus you can share it with your family and friends online. Check it out! www.scrapblog.com
Have fun! =)
Posted by Miss Alley Kat at 4:37 PM
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Today was a nice day spent with my girlfriends. I went to the the bridal store to meet up with the ladies and the bride-to-be. I must say that selecting a dress has to be one of the fun parts of preparing for a wedding. Nes looked so pretty in her dress. I took some pictures but I do not want to reveal too much. Today was a good day.
Posted by Miss Alley Kat at 10:33 PM
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Here are my top favorite things that you might want to check out:
1. Lacie D2 Quadra: For those who collect a lot of things on your hard drive, like myself. Free up some space on your computer and get organized with one of these. I received this as a Christmas present from very dear friends of mine and I'm so happy with it. Once I fill this bad boy up with files, I may look into getting another one. What's nice about these, you can stack them on top of each other, just like legos.
2. MacBook Pro: I have the first generation MacPro and I love it! I know they have improved the computer since then but I still enjoy my MacBook. It's just like "My Buddy", where ever I go, you're gonna go...If you know me, I take this thing where ever I go. This is probably the first thing I would grab if my house were to catch on fire. Hope that never happens.
3. Ceramic Element Lasko Heater: This is my best friend during the during the cold winters. For those who are freezing their butts off right now, buy one of these. I could not stress enough how happy I am with this heater. What is nice is that this heater has a remote control, therefore you do not need to get out of your chair or bed to turn on of off the heater. You think that's cool, you can also adjust the temperature, ionic setting and set it to automatic shut off. This machine is so smart. There is a gage that calculates the temperature in the room. You set your machine to the temperature you want and once the temperature is reached, the machine will shut off. As soon as the temperature drops below the set temperature, it will automatically turn on to regulate the room at the set temperature. Man, I love that! So folks, get one of these to keep you warm this cold winter season.
4. Decorated Hair sticks: I'm usually on the go and do not have time to do my hair. This will work if you have long hair. Just tie your hair in a pony tail and wrap your hair in a bun and stick a hair stick in your hair and you are good to go. It looks sleek, neat and pretty. You could find these things at the kiosks in the mall for about $7.
5. Scarf: My all time favorite thing this winter is my lavender scarf. My mother bought for me a couple years ago and I still use and still love it the day I got it. It keeps me warm. It is so wide and long I can wrap my whole head and neck to keep me warm.
Posted by Miss Alley Kat at 9:53 AM
I know this is late but, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Happy Hanukkah Happy New Year!! My did this year go by so fast. I'm sorry I have not been here in awhile and I am in dying need of a serious update. Sorry I have been M.I.A.. I have been busy doing a lot of things: School, working 2 jobs, and trying to have a personal life. So this year, I've went back to school full-time for my 04 certification which I am excited about. I can't wait to become a teacher. Yes, I am going back to school to stay and work in school. I am such a nerd. 8) But just to highlight and reminisce on the things that I've done last year.
Posted by Miss Alley Kat at 8:23 AM